Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Memorial Day Half Marathon

My sister in law Erinn had told me about the Laguna Hills 1/2 Marathon back in November and I had been toying with the idea of running it. The course was through a state park with rolling hills and was suppose to be beautiful. I haven't ran a race since college and lately with the thought of child #2 just around the corner I wanted to take the opportunity to get it out of my system. Leanne, my running buddy said she was on board but neither of us actually committed until 2 weeks before. Who needs training right? I figure my runs usually consist of pushing a 20 lb. child up and down hills...running without a jogger and a child yelling for food for 13 miles...no problem.
Just getting out of the house for a day though is a marathon in itself. I had to have a babysitter spend the night at our house since we were leaving at 5am, a 4 am feeding to make sure Gracey would sleep until 8 or 9 (courtesy to the babysitter) breakfast and lunch prepared in Tupperware for Gracey blah. blah.blah...


Our day began with rain showers and gloomy skies. We kept looking at each other
" What are we doing?"




It was cold and rainy so we stretched in the car.



We did it! Yeah!!!!


Thanks Leanne for being my running buddy.

No comments: