Monday, May 12, 2008

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!


Love my girl!



As a new Mom I tend to forget that this day is now for me too! I spent so much time getting gifts put together, writing cards, wrapping, mailing etc. that I failed to remember that I too get to enjoy this day and what a sweet day it was! We got to talk to Justin in the morning which was wonderful. I miss him so much and it was so great to hear his voice and all of the adventures that he is having in Croatia. We made panini sandwiches for dinner and Rob made us an apple crisp. It used to be his "famous apple crisp" but now that he is a busy working man he doesn't have time to perfect his recipes anymore....so it was not so famous but an apple crisp:)
Holidays are the best when they never have to end. Well this one did, but Rob decided to stretch it out one more day since we had so many people in and out of our house the last few weeks so Monday was my very own Mothers Day! I absolutely love being Gracey's mom! My appreciation for my own mom grows each day as I discover how much hard work and love is put into being a mom! Happy Mothers Day!




On Saturday we drove up to LA to spend the day with Erinn and Andrew and Garrett and Whitney who are visiting and currently cruising in Mexico! We had a really fun day together. That afternoon we all wanted to go to Sprinkes and this is what we found...a line that went out the door and never ended. Rob decided he would rather jump in front of a car than wait in line for a cupcake.(That he could probably make even better.) So, we decided to get cupcakes at Crumbs down the street instead. I decided that Crumbs was better than Sprinkes for the following reasons:
1. Cake was moist
2. Size was significantly larger (that can never hurt)
3. The frosting decor was a lot more creative.

So there you have it Oprah...mine was better than yours!


Cruising around Hollywood

3 comments:

Celine said...

Sounds like a fun little road trip! I've heard of Sprinkles and Crumbs but I've never tried either one so I can't say which one is better, but I'll take your word for it :)

ERK, MRK, & GRK said...

Crumbs all the way baby! I have had both and I would fully agree with you! Happy Mother's Day!

Kara said...

We're totally hooked on Sprinkles...I don't think I could bring myself to try Crumbs! Maybe next time we're down at the temple we'll try 'em out. If they're bigger, that's definitely a plus.
You have to tell Rob that there is a picture of him in his Righetti letterman jacket in a Health textbook! I was helping one of my students the other day with her homework, and there was your hubby with long hair!!