Monday, May 05, 2008

Happy Birthday Miss Gracey!

Little Miss Gracey turned one this last weekend. We had such a wonderful and eventful week. My mom returned safely home from a month trip in Nigeria and Grandma May flew in from Utah to help celebrate Gracey's first birthday! Everyone was able to accompany us for swimming lessons on Friday and Gracey was able to show them her new skills. We had her party in our neighborhood park in front of our house. I wanted to keep it low key so that we could enjoy all of our family here for the special occasion. Erinn was sweet enough to drive down from LA and spend the weekend with us. Our favorite neighbors and Gracey's babysitters, The Rose's came to the party along with our long time friends The Harris' and my best friend from
hi school Candace, made the drive from San Diego. We appreciate our family and friends so much! Thanks for making it a fun day.


"Are you sure it's Ok for me to dig in?"

She was pretty serious about eating this cake. She got right down to business.

"This is a lot better than the tofu mom always feeds me!"
Freeman Family...4 grandkids in 14 months. WHEW!

Abby and Charlie helped Gracey open her presents.Thanks girls!
As you can see there are 2 other parties over by the play equipment.Apparently I didn't wake up early enough to stake our claim. We found a nice tree right in front of our house and it worked out just fine.

Daddy took Gracey shopping for her Birthday and this is what she came home with.... a pair of Reefs (which I think everyone should own at least one pair) and a wet suit, essential for every surfing household!




Grandma May made her killer carrot cake and I got to decorate it!

The proud Grandmas! Thanks for loving our girl so much!



That evening we were all ready to get out of the house so we headed down to the beach to watch Rob go for a surf. Gracey loves her Aunt Erinn!




Watching daddy surf and enjoying a beautiful evening!




I captured the last wave of the evening...it even has Rob's signature ending!




We have all decided that my sweet little niece looks like a cabbage patch doll:)
What do you think?



The next morning Erinn taught Gracey how to use her new crayons.

4 comments:

The Bishops said...

What cute pictures! Gracey is such a big girl! I can't believe she is ONE!! I also can't believe how much my daughter looks like a cabbage patch doll! It's a little crazy!! Cute blog!! Love you Gracey!!

ERK, MRK, & GRK said...

What a day! I seriously can't believe it's already been a year. It seems like just yesterday we were power walking up and down Rancho Del Oro talking about how you've got a week or so left and how she's one!!! Love the pictures - okay I defiantly need some pointers on how to make a cake look that beautiful, it looks too pretty to eat :) Happy Birthday Gracey!!!

Harris Beach Bums said...

She was perfect the whole party. I love the first picture! I still can't believe you have a one year old, time flies when your having fun! Happy Birthday Gracey!

Kelli Salter said...

I can't believe Scarlett and Gracey are only two weeks apart. Gracey looks and acts so much older. Congratulations making it through the first year!