Thursday, August 06, 2009

Rob's mom made this dip for us while visiting last month and I just can't get enough of it. I have used it on taco salads, in soup and with veggies... Thought I would share her recipe.
FAT FREE never tasted so good!


Cilantro Dip

1 pkg Hidden Valley "The Original Ranch Buttermilk Recipe Salad Dressing Mix (Be sure to get the BUTTERMILK recipe--I've used other dip mixes, such as: vegetable or green onion, just be aware that sometimes you need two packages of the dip mix, as you're using
2 C of sour cream)
1 jalapeno (more/less depending on taste)
2 tomatillos, de-husked and quartered
1 whole bunch cilantro
juice of one lime (I like to add the zest, too)
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 c onion (I've used green or white onions or chives whatever you like-it all works
2 Cups sour cream (I use fat free)
Put everything in my food processor or blender.
Then I taste...sometimes I add more lime-or a little hot chili paste...or some salt/pepper.
This dip is great on salads, used as a dip or swirl some in soup.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i am soo glad you liked your cover, i think it turned out way cute!!!!!

Teishi Kennedy said...

I made it as soon as Jeri put the recipe in my hand! Even Amelia loves it!

Erinn said...

we're hooked on it too. So GOOD!

Mel's Family said...

I can't wait to try it....YUM!