Monday, October 20, 2008

We are home!

Our trip to El Salvador was my favorite vacation we have taken! Rob and his buddies went last year for a surf trip, and if I would have known how amazing this place was I would have petitioned to go too! We enjoyed our trip with 10 of our good friends and mainly had the resort and the surf break all to ourselves.





We took a boat trip one day to another surf break up the coast and minus a few sea sick girls we had so much fun on the boat together hollering at the guys


Fruity potion:)






We took a hike up the hill to look out over the untouched coastline.


Our surfing spectators


I logged in many surfing hours...I am now having withdrawals.


My girls, Leanne and Katie



Dustin and Ashley...one of many snuggle sessions.



The food was amazing! For someone who loves food, this was a trip for me. Omelets of my choice every morning, my favorite lunch was fresh fish taco's and dinner was a 3 course meal sure to impress. I did not go hungry in this 3rd world country!
After dinner every night we would sit around the table and play games until a lightening storm would scare us inside.


All the decor was very modern and fun.


I missed Gracey and was so excited to see her when we got home but, this trip helped me rediscover what it means to relax. It was nice being just the 2 of us again!


Swim-up bar pool overlooking the ocean...can it get much better?
There was another pool down below with a spa.


View from our room...I miss you already El Salvador. I am already scheming another trip!

7 comments:

Erinn said...

Oh my goodness! I need to convince Andrew to take me there, it's beautiful. I'm most impressed whith your surf picture...look at those legs. You're legit.

Katie Waldron said...

Love your post! You were a surfing goddess on the trip. We had so much fun with you guys. :)

Harris Beach Bums said...

great trip! the warm water was the best and you were as Katie said a "surfing goddess"! ;)

Celine said...

That looks like so much fun! What an awesome trip!

Whitney Carnohan said...

congrats on the pregnancy! i am so happy for you!!!!!

Tara said...

Hey Felicity! This is Tara Colman from Santa Maria. I found your blog link off someone else's. Gracey is such a cutie and congrats on the new baby! That is exciting! It looks like you and Rob are doing great! It is fun to catch up with people through blogs! You can see ours at thedeppes.blogspot.com

Take care!
Tara

Olsens said...

Matt is so jealous-he went to El Salvador on his mission and totally misses it, and loved the pictures!